- Personal Information. “Personal Information” means, any information that may be used to personally identify or contact an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, personal profile, billing address and email mainly information that is necessary for delivering you with the Product or to enhance your experience in connection therewith. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the Website. This information is not collected by us and remains within the parameters of Octopai plus Product installed on your system, and is inaccessible by us without your permission.
- International Transfers. The Service is hosted on third party servers located in the United States and Europe. The Company reserves the right to change the location of the servers of the Service if needed in order to improve the Service.
- Collection of Personal Information. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
5.1 Account. In order to use the Service you are required to create an account (“Account”), and provide us with your name, email, and other information. If you are an entity, your employees may be required to create separate Accounts. If you create your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are responsible for the activity in your Account, and for keeping your password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to your Account. We may allow you to access your Account via third party log-in platforms, such as Gmail (each, a “Third Party Account“), although the use of Third Party Accounts is subject to the relevant third party’s information practices and may involve our access to your information (including Personal Information) in such Third Party Accounts.
5.2 Payments. The Service may include the option to purchase certain products or services from us. If you make such purchases, we will require information from you to complete the transaction. Such information may include Personal Information such as a credit card number and billing information. We may use third party service providers to process payments on our behalf. We do not control how such third party service providers use Personal Information they receive and you agree to be bound by such third parties’ privacy policies.
5.3 Blog, Newsletters, Surveys and Promotions. The Website may contain a blog forum about the Service. The Website may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and participate in surveys and other promotional activities, which may require you to provide Personal Information.
5.4 ‘Contact Us’ and General Contact. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, email us, or contact us in any other way via the Service, you may be required to provide us with Personal Information.
- Octopai’s Data Protection Principles.
6.1 Data collection, retention, and processing Personal Information is lawful, fair, and transparent, and have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before collecting and processing data. We will provide you information regarding collection and processing upon request.
6.2 Collection and processing is limited to their lawful purpose. Our collection and processing activities fit the purpose for which the Personal Information was gathered.
6.3 Collection and processing Personal Information is done with minimal data. We only collect and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
6.4 Collection and processing Personal Information are limited. We will not store your Personal Information for longer than needed.
6.5 We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
6.6 We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Your Rights with Regard to Your Personal Information.
7.1 Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Information is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
7.2 Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the Personal Information data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Information data gathered
7.3 Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Information data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
7.4 Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Information data to be erased from our records.
7.5 Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information data.
7.6 Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
7.7 Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
7.8 Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Information data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
7.9 Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
7.10 Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
7.11 Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for processing of your Personal Information data.
- Information automatically collected about you. This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP addresses, your passwords etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use the Product or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
- How we use your Personal Information.
9.1 We use your Personal Data in order to use, embed and install Company’s, or its own, analytics tracking code (“Tracking Code“) on its, or a third party’s, blogs, events, social feeds, logs, web pages and/or applications that are linked to the Customer’s Account (each, a “Property“), as well as use other Company tools and services in connection with the Product licensed to you.
9.2 As a result, when you visit, use and/or interact with a Property, we receive a range of information about that user (“End User Info“), including his/her Personal Information. It is your, in your discretion, what End User Info will be made available to Company via the Product. As user, you represent that (a) you have the necessary rights and permissions to install, embed and use the Tracking Code on your Properties and third party Properties for the purpose of collecting, using, and disclosing to Company, the your Information; and (b) you have explicitly made your awareness that Personal Information pertaining to you may be transferred to third parties (including Company and our hosting providers) in various countries around the world, including the United States, and you have obtained their unambiguous consent to such transfers. You are also responsible for your own privacy practices and complying with relevant privacy laws.
9.3 We may use the Personal Information to administer the Product. The Product uses your Information to perform analysis and produce reports about the activities, use of the Product, interactions and preferences (“Analytics Data“), and makes the Analytics Data available.
9.4 We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
- Who else can access your Personal Information data. We do not share your Personal Information data with third parties. Personal Information data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
- How we use your Personal Information.
11.1 We do our best to keep your Personal Information data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
11.2 Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
11.3 If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
- Cookies and other technologies we use. A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our Website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
13.1 Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our Website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
13.2 Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
13.3 Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our Website and Product.
13.4 You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
13.5 Tracking Technologies. The Website may utilize “cookies” (small text files), log-files, web beacons and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies“) to collect information about Website activity. Most browsers allow you to control and block Tracking Technologies.
- Store Personal Information.
- Anonymous Information. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated or demographic information, or information relating to interests and preferences. We may use Anonymous Information for any and all of the same reasons and purposes we use Personal Information, as well as to analyze trends, track movements, and present you with relevant ads that reflect your interests. We may also share Anonymous Information with third parties, such as advertisers, ad servers, ad networks, ad exchanges, and data aggregators (collectively, “Advertising Companies“), as well as participate in their programs and services. These Advertising Companies may use Tracking Technologies and such use is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future service-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails that we send. We may still, however, respond to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails that are connected to your use of the Service. Disabling or otherwise blocking certain Tracking Technologies may have the effect of restricting or delaying your use of the Service.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Service.
- Access to Information/Accuracy. We wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you have an Account you can log in and remove or modify your information. In general, if you would like to remove or modify any of your Personal Information, you may submit an email request to [email protected].
- Links to Other websites. The Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are neither responsible nor liable for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
- Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to, nor knowingly, collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register or create any Account and please do not send us any information whatsoever about yourself. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
- Merger or Sale. If we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign any Personal Information that we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or similar event, we may not be able to control how Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
- Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information that we collect, receive and store. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.