Octopai + SSRS = Empowered Data Management
Whether your enterprise is using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) along with on-prem or cloud-based data systems (or a combination of the two) or even migrating to SSRS, Octopai has your data landscape covered for day-to-day SSRS tasks like investigating dataset quality issues, fixing reports, business process change impact analysis, regulatory compliance and so much more.
Octopai’s automated data lineage for SSRS is unique because it provides:
- Detailed visualizations of data flow from data sources all the way through to SSRS report elements
- Extensive connections to on-premises legacy systems, as well as cloud-based systems – Microsoft and non-Microsoft systems alike
- End-to-end lineage from source systems to data storage to reporting, simplifying insight into and through SSRS along with all other layers of your data ecosystem.
Octopai + SSRS Integration = Significant Resource Savings
On top of the unprecedented lineage, Octopai also provides time and cost savings to enterprises migrating to and/or using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Savings during a data migration to SSRS:
Octopai’s automated data lineage, including comprehensive column-to-column lineage, traces the path of your data objects both back to their source and forward to reports or other targets. This comprehensive visual mapping of the objects, assets, tables and processes across your data systems will smooth your migration to SSRS by enabling you to:
- Clearly identify extra, unneeded or unwanted data assets so you can simplify and/or discard prior to migrating
- Evaluate the source quality of data before it goes into SSRS and impacts dozens or hundreds of reports
- Rank your reports according to their business value and/or importance for day-to-day operations and prioritize migration accordingly
- Check the projected impact of any planned changes before making them
- Check pre-, during, and post-migration that everything is going to the right place, with views of both the old and new environments in one screen (updated automatically as the migration progresses!)