Octopai + PostgreSQL = Empowered Data Management
Whether your enterprise is using PostgreSQL along with on-prem or cloud-based data systems (or a combination of the two) or even migrating to PostgreSQL, Octopai has your data landscape covered for day-to-day PostgreSQL tasks like impact analysis, root cause analysis, regulatory compliance, and so much more.
Octopai’s automated data lineage for PostgreSQL is unique because it provides:
- Detailed visualizations of data flow, including pipelines and procedures.
- Full alignment of Octopai’s data lineage with the PostgreSQL data dictionary.
- Parsing support for all data types accepted by PostgreSQL, including JSON and other semi-structured scripts.
- Support for PostgreSQL data wrappers and procedural languages.
- Inclusion of PostgreSQL extensions, such as PostGIS.
- End-to-end lineage from source systems to PostgreSQL to analysis and reporting, simplifying insight into and through PostgreSQL along with all other layers of your data ecosystem.
Octopai + PostgreSQL = Significant Resource Savings
On top of the unprecedented lineage, Octopai also provides time and cost savings to enterprises migrating to and/or using PostgreSQL.
Savings during a data migration to PostgreSQL:
Octopai’s automated data lineage, including comprehensive column-to-column lineage, traces the path of your data objects both back to their source and forward to reports or other targets. This comprehensive visual mapping of the objects, assets, tables and processes across your data systems will smooth your migration to a PostgreSQL database by enabling you to:
- clearly identify unused objects, unnecessary duplicates and unnecessarily complicated dependencies so you can simplify and/or discard prior to migrating
- check the projected impact of any planned changes before making them
- create a clear visual breakdown of the data path, enabling you to analyze and set the timing of upstream processes accordingly
- check pre-, during, and post-migration that everything is going to the right place, with views of both the old and new environments in one screen (updated automatically as the migration progresses!)