Octopai + Azure Data Factory = Empowered Data Management
Whether your enterprise is already using or migrating to Azure Data Factory, Octopai has your data landscape covered for day-to-day tasks like smart pipeline creation and management, ensuring data quality, root cause analysis, impact analysis, regulatory compliance, and so much more.
Octopai’s automated data lineage for Azure Data Factory is unique because it provides:
- End-to-end lineage from on-prem and cloud-based source systems through Azure Data Factory to analysis and reporting, simplifying insight into and through Azure along with all other layers of your data ecosystem
- Column-level data flow traceability through complex and detailed data transformations
- Centralized 360-degree visibility of your entire data landscape without the need of independent skill sets for Azure and your other data tools
- Support for PostgreSQL data wrappers and procedural languages.
- Support for CI/CD processes as Data Factory Assets move from one environment (e.g. development, test, production) to another
Octopai + Azure Data Factory = Significant Resource Savings
On top of the unprecedented lineage, Octopai also provides time and cost savings to enterprises migrating to and/or using Azure Data Factory.
Savings during a data migration to Azure Data Factory:
Octopai’s automated data lineage, including comprehensive column-to-column lineage, traces the path of your data objects both back to their source and forward to reports or other targets. This comprehensive visual mapping of the objects, assets, pipelines and processes across your data systems eases migration to Azure Data Factory by enabling you to:
- clearly identify unused processes, unnecessary duplicates and unnecessarily complicated dependencies so you can simplify and/or discard prior to migrating
- check the projected impact of any planned changes before making them
- create a clear visual breakdown of the data path, enabling you to analyze and set the timing of upstream processes accordingly
- check pre-, during, and post-migration that everything is going to the right place, with views of both the old and new environments in one screen (updated automatically as the migration progresses!)
- ease onboarding for employees not yet familiar with Azure Data Factory with intuitive visualizations of data flow through pipelines and processes
Savings during Azure Data Factory use:
Azure Data Factory uses a “pay-per-usage” pricing model for all capabilities, from pipeline creation and orchestration to data flow execution and debugging. By providing you with the full picture of how data flows through your pipelines and across your data landscape, Octopai enables you to be much more focused and efficient when setting up new data pipelines and modifying existing ones.