- Eliminate manual data mapping
- Migrate systems seamlessly
- Get unmatched accuracy
- Achieve compliance effortlessly
- Reduce reporting errors
- Boost organizational efficiency
What is Data Lineage?
Think of data lineage like your family tree. BI users need to trace the data’s roots like you
would your ancestry, mapping out the data, its context over the course of its life-cycle - where
it came from, what its relationships are, and how they all connect.
Why do we need Data Lineage?
We're seeing much
more data and many
more data sources
demand PII location,
masking or deleting
Lack of consistency
Manually locating data
across systems can
Why Automate Data Lineage?
A data lineage tool allows users to create a map of the data journey from source to target.
With an automated data lineage tool, BI users instantly retrieve the back story, know where the data came from, how it was created, what changes it underwent, and all the different places in which it’s located throughout the data environment.
Quickly Determine Impact of Changes
It’s common practice for enterprises to have multiple ETL systems, Data Warehouses and reporting systems.
BI users must be able to identify dependencies across systems and perform impact analysis to avoid inaccuracies and errors.
- Automation reduces days of manual work to just seconds
- Boost efficiency by 50% with automation
Accelerate BI System Migration
Many enterprises find themselves needing to update their BI environment – including migrating from legacy ETL or Reporting tools to more modern ones. This is a tricky and complicated process that needs to be done carefully. Using automated data lineage can streamline the process and reduce costs, timeline and errors.
- Simplify – map your data within seconds and determine your obsolete processes
- Compare – verify that everything you wanted to migrate made it across with views of both the old and new environments in one screen
- Save – no need to hire professional services to complete the migration. Automation makes it possible to do in-house
Regulations and Compliance
Companies must be able to locate and delete personal identifiable information (PII) upon request within 48 hours, according to GDPR. But GDPR isn’t the only regulation out there. CCPA is here and there are other data privacy acts on the horizon.
When compared with manual data mapping, Octopai’s automated data lineage leads to:
- 80% higher accuracy
- 50% lower project costs