Position: Director of Customer Success
Octopai modernizes data management with an automated platform that visualizes complex data flows across environments.
Its AI-based Data Lineage solution ensures easy navigation, high quality, and trust in data assets.
Octopai enables data teams to trace assets efficiently, comprehend data flows within their organization, and rely confidently on their data sources.
Working with hundreds of global enterprises, Octopai stands at the forefront of data management with our best-in-class Data Lineage Platform and cutting-edge Al-based metadata management workspace.
The Director of Customer Success will play a pivotal role in ensuring the satisfaction and growth of our valued customers.
As the Director of Customer Success at Octopai, you will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Success Managers and directly engaging with customers. You will oversee the entire customer lifecycle, working with large global enterprises to solve their big data problems and optimize data architecture. Your role will involve driving the adoption of new, innovative methodologies, with a focus on ensuring satisfaction, fostering engagement, and strategically managing retention, churn, and upsell opportunities. The role requires substantial hands-on work with customers.
- Manage a team of customer success managers in charge of all aspects of the customer lifecycle, from onboarding to renewal and upselling.
- Develop and execute customer success strategies to maximize value and achieve customer objectives.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand business needs and goals.
- Drive customer retention and expansion through proactive upselling, cross-selling, and renewals.
- Advocate for customers internally, influencing product development and enhancing satisfaction.
- Analyze customer success metrics and feedback to identify trends, improvements, and best practices.
- Optimize customer success processes, tools, and methodologies for operational efficiency.
- The Director of CS will also directly manage customers, managing all activities of the customer lifecycle from onboarding, through day-to-day customer management, business reviews to cross-sell and upsell.
- 5+ years customer success experience in a SaaS or software company
- 3+ years team leadership experience
- Proven track record of establishing strong customer relationships with enterprise customers
- Tech savvy – ability to have technical conversations with customers – a must.
- Project management skills – proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience with C-level executives.
- Ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely in presentations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze client needs and recommend suitable solutions.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work US hours twice a week and travel occasionally to client meetings and industry events.
- English proficiency a must, other languages a benefit
- Additional European Languages.
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience with Data Systems, such as ETL, Databases, Analytical tools, or Reporting tools